Sunday, June 14, 2009

A Minimalist Approach

I am a notorious over packer, so one of my goals this year was to pack light. The first time I tried it out was during a long weekend to Vegas, where I only brought a carry-on, which I checked because I didn’t feel like carrying it around the terminal. It worked out pretty well, but I still found myself having a bit too much clothes.

So for our 5 week trip, I have taken it to another level. Jed and I both have our 65 liter Gregory packs, which isn’t a whole lot of space. I have packed:

3 pairs of shorts (1 regular, 1 “travel”, and 1 bathing suit)
1 pair of jeans (I doubt I will wear these)
4 t-shirts (Hanes Brand…4 dollars at Wal-Mart)
8 pairs of boxers
2 Shoes (Tivas, and Vans slip-ons)
2 Pairs of Socks
1 Travel Towel
1 Money Belt
Random Necessary Toiletries

I have yet to master the art of packing less electronics, so I am going with enough to open up a small radio shack. This includes my Camera, my Ipod and skullcandy headphones, a Kindle, beard trimmer, my netbook, and portable handheld massager. I made that last one up. I know this is not much, but if I find myself in need of something, Thailand is a good place to find it…on the cheap.

Jed or I will post some pictures of us tomorrow with our packs!

Getting pumped…and am way to excited to sleep…

No comments:

Post a Comment