Friday, June 19, 2009

Goodbye Bangkok






Well it is the last morning we have here in Bangkok, and I can't say I am sad to be heading out from this city. It has been an awesome five days, but Bangkok is probably not a place you want to spend more than 5 days in. Glad we got to see all the sights, and have a blast along the way.

We started the night back at our favorite mall, and I am pleased to report that we finally got our good dinner!! 150 baht for tom-yum soup, pad thai and a drink. And it was so delicious!

Then we headed to the Patpong night market. I have to say this is the sleaziest place I have ever been, but had a blast bargaining for all sorts of goods. The counterfeit designers merchandise looks much more real over here, and I got some t shirts, sunglasses, and a ton of Buddhas. Also some souvenirs for everyone back home.

Took a 100b tuk-tuk to Khao Sarn RD. We started the night with a "very stong" cocktail, and decided that wasn't enough, so we upgraded to the cocktail bucket. For 300Baht it made the night a lot more fun. We hung out with some teachers from Belgium and South Africa. The girl from South Africa hated Americans, but I made her like me, or at least she said she did when I asked her. Later we were hanging out with some Brits, and Jed got into talking about politics, while I schmoozed with the rest.

Leaving for Phuket (1600 baht airfare) in an hour of so. Don't know what the internet situation will be but will try to blog often.

2 comments:

  1. the pic of that meal just made me hungry - so in your honor I'll be having a cinnamin raisin bagel from DD. :-) hope you had a good flight and are enjoying Phuket
    xoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh good ol sleeping buddha. Enjoy phuket guys

    Brad

    ReplyDelete